Budget and Administration Committee
The main tasks of the Budget and Administration Committee (BAC), disbanded on 1/1/2012, was to support the CEPOL Governing Board by making proposals and recommendations on financial and administrative matters.
The tasks of the Budget and Administration Committee included:
- Advising on budget related proposals of the Director (pre-estimation, draft estimate and draft budget);
- Advising on the implementation of the budget (e.g. transfers);
- Advising on the implementation of remarks of the European Court of Auditors;
- Preparing the Governing Board's analysis and assessment of the Authorising Officer's Annual Report;
- Preparing the Governing Board's opinion on the final accounts of CEPOL;
- Advising on Governing Bord Decisions which have a financial impact, in cooperation with other Committees;
- Advising on Decisions regarding administrative matters (e.g. personnel administration, facility management and IT management).
The Committee was chaired by a representative from the Member State holding the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Other members included representatives from the Member States holding the former Presidency and incoming Presidency and a further nine representatives from individual Member States. The members of BAC elected the Deputy Chair and the Committee met no more than three times a year.
Budget and Administration Committee News
The Committee Summaries contain the highlights from the Budget and Administration Committee meetings and detail the decisions and announcements from each meeting. Please note that these summaries are not complete reports of the meetings. The Outcome of Proceedings are the official documents and are available upon request (see the Accessing Documents page on this website).
Due to the continuing volcano activity in Iceland, the following CEPOL activities have been effected. Please be advised...
The Presidency informed the Committee inter alia about the preparatory measures for CEPOL’s five year evaluation; the request for input to CEPOL’s work programme to the PCTF and the ongoing...
The Budget and Administration Committee discussed the reduced budget proposal by the Commission and what steps could be taken to lobby for the full amount as requested by...
The Czech Presidency informed the Committee inter alia about requests to CEPOL to play a role in the SIRENE training and from the Police Cooperation Working Group to support them by using CEPOL’s e-Net.
The Director informed the Committee about the status of the budgetary procedure 2009 and of recruitment of staff for the CEPOL Secretariat; the Committee was also presented an activity report for the months January to October...
The Director informed the Budget and Administrative Committee about the status of the budgetary procedure 2009, staff recruitment at CEPOL Secretariat, and ...
The Director presented the first quarter report of the implementation of the Budget 2008 and gave an update on the recruitment of staff for the CEPOL Secretariat.