21-24 May 2013 Budapest, Hungary
CEPOL seminar 45/2013 “ENFAST” attracted 26 participants from 18 Member States to Budapest, Hungary, MoI International Training Centre between 21th - 24th May 2013.
The aim of the course was to increase participants’ knowledge of different European police systems and instruments of cooperation, to enhance knowledge and methods in searching fugitives, to promote the collaboration between ENFAST and international organizations, to improve operational police contacts, and the efficiency of the FAST teams, to exchange and accomplish their professional skills in the fight against cross border crime.
Particular attention was given to the following aspects:
- General overview was given to the participants and they received information and experiences about ENFAST and SIS II information system.
- Presentations were provided about international law enforcement institutions like EUROPOL and INTERPOL and their role in Fugitive Active Search.
- New investigation techniques and detection mechanism were outlined.
- The learnt information were processed in interactive discussions in order to get known the attendants’ experience and point of view and a group work and practical exercise/tactical training was realised, to ascertain that the participants are able to recognize and solve the difficulties in capturing fugitives.
- Participants could enhance European cooperation.
The course was organized by the International Training Centre, CEPOL Hungarian Unit of the Hungarian Ministry of Interior.
Much of the seminar’s success derived from the valued support from Austria, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, the US and Europol, Interpol, the SIRENE Bureau the Hungarian experts and national presentations.
At the end of the three day seminar, a satisfied participant highlighted European cooperation and said: “I appreciate all the knowledge I gained, but my main objective in the course was to share experiences with my colleagues and have better contacts around Europe and I’ve managed to meet this objective.” And other participant added: The presentations by other members were useful as they help me in my work to understand the capacity and capability of other teams.”
Several participants appreciated the organization, like: "One of the best organized seminars I’ve ever visited” or “well-organized seminar with very helpful and friendly staff.”
Another colleague summarized: “The seminar was well-organized, the choice of topics was satisfactory, I received a lot of new and useful information. The practical part gave a great opportunity to see the approach of different countries to the same situation.” Other participants also emphasized the tactical part of the seminar: “I found beneficial the workshops in 4 groups sharing the knowledge of colleagues when processing cases.”
We handed over the presentations to the participants on memory sticks, which soon will be uploaded on the LMS as well.